The MA-1 was the most popular and the longest used of the flight jackets of which there were many. The development of the MA-1 began in the early 1950s based on the B-15 series, which was the official flight jacket until then. The B-15 was an improved version of the cotton B-10 introduced in 1943 and underwent transformations that adapted to dramatic technological innovations and advances in military aircraft. Emerging against this backdrop, the MA-1 model made the greatest change to the flight jacket, namely, it removed its collar. This is because the development of jet aircraft forced he review of aviation accessories. The MA-1 continued to be cherished by U.S. Air Force officers and personnel since its adoption in 1957 until the introduction of the CWU45/P jacket in 1976. In the meantime, the MA-1 needless to say continued to make fine improvements and be perfected further. With its style having a significant impact on the fashion world, the MA-1 has had far-reaching effects that greatly extend beyond the military category.
- Custom manufacturing of the correct weight and weave nylon outer shell and inner lining to precisely match the originalUSAF specs. and treated to repel water.
- Correct USAF-spec. inner lining of warm wool fibre filling sandwiched between the outer and inner shell lining.
- Two snap-down exterior pockets lined with warm 80/20 wool-rayon fabric precisely matching 1950's USAF specs.
- Two snap-down interior pockets lined with heavy all-cotton twill fabric precisely matching 1950's USAF specs.
- Exact copy of the heavy-duty 1953 Crown zippers on sleeve pocket and jacket front, with zip tape made of all-cotton HBT fabric that is rolled and glued at the base, not incorrect poly-cotton that is heat sealed with plastics at the base.
- Leather zipper pull tab as found on Albert Turner MA-1's, designed for easy functioning with gloves.
- Heavy wind flap protector located behind zipper closure.
- Custom manufacturing of the correct, two-ply, wool knit collar, cuffs and waist skirt.
- USAF insignia transfer on left sleeve and under maker label in lining, exactly as found on early MA-1's.
- Zippered pocket on left sleeve outfitted with four pen/pencil slots and two anti-puncture pencil caps made of USAF-spec. brass.
- Made in Japan
- Model is 5'11"/170 lbs. and wears size Medium
To request measurments please contact us.
Shipping rates are determined by weight/destination.
We accept returns within 14 days of the purchase/ship date.
We do not issue refunds, but returns can be made in exchange for other merchandise or store credit. The customer is responsible for providing shipping costs for any returned packages. All sale items are final sale.